Junior Sous Chef – Harrogate
We’re recruiting for a Junior Sous Chef to strengthen our kitchen brigade at Cedar Court Hotel, Harrogate.
This is an exciting time to be joining the team – with our newest restaurant venture – Ambers – set to grace Cedar Court Harrogate in March 2024. Ambers promises a harmonious fusion of timeless elegance and contemporary flair.
Ambers will combine culinary excellence and captivating ambience, so you’ll have a strong background in a similar environment, either from a high-end restaurant or in house hotel dining provision.
You will be assisting the Head Chef and Sous Chef in overseeing the daily operations of the kitchen and ensuring the highest quality of food production and service.
The Junior Sous Chef will be:
- Experienced in a similar role, or a strong Chef de Partie looking for that next step, working within the same environment, with a genuine commitment and passion for food and quality service
- Responsible for maintaining health and safety practices and good hygiene in line with company food safety standards within our kitchens
- Be a team player with good leadership, communication and organisational skills
- Be able to lead the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef/ Sous Chef
- Have knowledge of stock control and operating a kitchen in line with food GP’s
- Be creative and able to deliver good customer satisfaction, ensuring consistency of all food to a consistently high standard
- Have the ability work 45 hours over 5 days
To excel in this role, you should possess the following skills:
- Strong knowledge of food safety and sanitation regulations
- Proficiency in various kitchen techniques and culinary skills
- Experience in team management and leadership
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion for hospitality and delivering an outstanding dining experience
What do we offer in return?
We want each and every colleague to enjoy coming to work, and for Cedar Court Hotels to become one of the top hospitality employers around – so providing a friendly and supportive environment is our main priority.
You will develop personally and professionally through meeting, and working with, people from all over the world as we create memorable guest experiences together. For those keen to further their experience, you will have the opportunity to explore the business with various career options.
In addition, we can offer you:
- A fantastic place to work!
- Strong emphasis on health and wellbeing with our fabulous Employee Assistance Programme
- Market-leading rates of pay
- Open and clear communication with regular staff updates
- Your birthday off – paid!
- 28 days holiday for full time colleagues each year as standard (pro-rata for part time/hourly colleagues) plus long service holiday benefits
- Learning and Development opportunities, helping you to become the best you can be
- Automatic enrolment into a workplace pension scheme
- Discounted hotel stays after successful completion of the probation period not only for you, but for friends and family
- Free meals on duty, if you worked full time this would save you over £1000 a year in lunches alone!
- Leisure Club/Gym Membership following successful completion of probationary period
- Long Service benefits
- Trip Advisor recognition and cash reward
- Random Acts of Kindness for our colleagues
- Holiday Hero Scheme – could you be jetting off somewhere courtesy of your colleagues?
- Refer a Friend scheme – recommend your friends to join our Team and receive a cash payment
- Company uniform
- Company achievement awards
- Staff Fun Days
- Employee Engagement Events
Please note this is not a live in position. You must be able to prove your right to work and live in the UK. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
No agencies thank you – we’ll contact you if we need you!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £28,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- Free parking
- Health & wellbeing programme
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Chef: 1 year (required)
- United Kingdom (required)
Work Location: In person