Head Chef – Bradford
Full Job Description
We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic and passionate individual to join our Team as Head Chef to manage the day-to-day operation of the overall food section through the production of excellent quality food and drive the food operation forward.
Situated just off Junction 26 of the M62, the Hotel is close to all the major hubs of West Yorkshire, with Leeds City Centre just 8miles away.
As Head Chef you will manage the operational management of the kitchen.
We are looking for an individual who can:
- Proactively plan and organise successful high volume food activities within the hotel considering food safety and high guest expectations
- Achieve high quality seasonal and fresh food expectations in line with the Group vision
- Manage department operations, including budgeting, forecasting and resource planning
- Excellent leadership skills and strong team management
- A creative approach to the production of high-quality food and menu planning
- A business focused approach to managing a hotel kitchen
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build relationships, internal and external, to the hotel and the Company
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Stock control and ordering
- Full compliance with food safety and health and safety requirements
You will have previous Head Chef experience in a similar hotel or restaurant environment.
What we can offer you:
We want each and every colleague to enjoy coming to work, and for Cedar Court Hotels to become one of the top hospitality employers around – so providing a friendly and supportive environment is our main priority.
You will develop personally and professionally through meeting, and working with, people from all over the world as we create memorable guest experiences together. For those keen to further their experience, you will have the opportunity to explore the business with various career options.
In addition, we can offer you:
- A fantastic place to work!
- Strong emphasis on health and wellbeing with our fabulous Employee Assistance Programme
- Market-leading rates of pay
- Open and clear communication with regular staff updates
- Your birthday off – paid!
- 28 days holiday for full time colleagues each year as standard (pro-rata for part time/hourly colleagues) plus long service holiday benefits
- Learning and Development opportunities, helping you to become the best you can be
- Automatic enrolment into a workplace pension scheme
- Discounted hotel stays after successful completion of the probation period not only for you, but for friends and family
- Free meals on duty, if you worked full time this would save you over £1000 a year in lunches alone!
- Leisure Club/Gym Membership following successful completion of probationary period
- Long Service benefits
- Trip Advisor recognition and cash reward
- Random Acts of Kindness for our colleagues
- Holiday Hero Scheme – could you be jetting off somewhere courtesy of your colleagues?
- Refer a Friend scheme – recommend your friends to join our Team and receive a cash payment
- Company uniform
- Company achievement awards
- Staff Fun Days
- Employee Engagement Events
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £38,000.00 per year
- Loyalty bonus
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- Gym membership
- On-site parking
- Wellness programmes
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bradford, BD5 8HW: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Senior Chef: 1 year (preferred)
- United Kingdom (required)