Group Accounts Assistant
Group Accounts Assistant
An opportunity has arisen for an Accounts Assistant to join our established team in the Group Finance function, with its central hub at Cedar Court Hotel, Wakefield.
The successful candidate will assist in completing the daily audit and verify all revenue transactions, record them and prepare daily and monthly business reports according to hotel policies and procedures. This is a group function and there will be travel between our properties. Ideally you will have some previous experience in hospitality, such as Reception, or Front of House.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Accounting background with excellent Excel skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and administrative skills
- Good sense of humour and a strong team work ethic
- Self-motivated with the ability to work unsupervised
- Enthusiastic with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Hospitality experience
What we can offer you:
We want each and every colleague to enjoy coming to work, and for Cedar Court Hotels to become one of the top hospitality employers around – so providing a friendly and supportive environment is our main priority.
You will develop personally and professionally through meeting, and working with, people from all over the world as we create memorable guest experiences together. For those keen to further their experience, you will have the opportunity to explore the business with various career options.
In addition, we can offer you:
- A fantastic place to work!
- Strong emphasis on health and wellbeing with our fabulous Employee Assistance Programme
- Market-leading rates of pay
- Open and clear communication with regular staff updates
- Your birthday off – paid!
- 28 days holiday for full time colleagues each year as standard (pro-rata for part time/hourly colleagues) plus long service holiday benefits
- Learning and Development opportunities, helping you to become the best you can be
- Automatic enrolment into a workplace pension scheme
- Discounted hotel stays after successful completion of the probation period not only for you, but for friends and family
- Free meals on duty, if you worked full time this would save you over £1000 a year in lunches alone!
- Leisure Club/Gym Membership following successful completion of probationary period
- Long Service benefits
- Trip Advisor recognition and cash reward
- Random Acts of Kindness for our colleagues
- Holiday Hero Scheme – could you be jetting off somewhere courtesy of your colleagues?
- Refer a Friend scheme – recommend your friends to join our Team and receive a cash payment
- Company uniform
- Company achievement awards
- Staff Fun Days
- Employee Engagement Events