Food & Beverage Supervisor
An amazing opportunity for a full-time Food and Beverage Supervisor to create exceptional experiences at Cedar Court Hotel, Wakefield!
We’re looking for a fabulously friendly individual who will go above and beyond to ensure our guests are really looked after. You’ll find innovative ways to ensure our Guests’ expectations are exceeded throughout their stay; you’ll inspire your team and your peers. You take delight in ensuring people are delighted.
Why Cedar Court Hotels?
We believe our Guests are everything. We want to make people happy and we are looking for someone that takes absolute delight in doing so. This is a wonderful opportunity, creating wonderful experiences and memorable occasions.
You will have developed your career in a service environment and be able to demonstrate your innovation and commitment to creating amazing Guest experiences. You will thrive on the opportunity to lead and inspire your team and be both proactive and responsive to Guests’ needs.
Key responsibilities for your role:
- Take the challenge to improve guest experience, taking the leadership in continuously enhancing and refreshing our guest offering
- Ensure that quality and standards meet Guest expectations on a day-to-day basis in our Food & Beverage and Reception areas
- Supervise or Guest Host team to deliver an excellent level of guest service and delivery
- Day to day switchboard coverage, inspiring excellent communication to all
- Maintain a significant presence in the lobby and public areas including a warm and personalised welcome for guests on their arrival and throughout their stay.
- Collate guest feedback and pursue corrective / improvement actions.
- Handle any complaints and guest issues to resolution; constructively managing conflict.
- Assist with check-in procedures, issuing room keys, rooming guests and be responsive to any questions they may have.
- Monitor room inventory / house status, ensuring allocations are according to individual guest needs; efficiently managing availability.
- Manage the coordination with other departments in preparation for Guest arrival.
- Act as Duty Manager including relevant Health & Safety responsibilities.
What happens next
We want each and every colleague to enjoy coming to work, and for Cedar Court Hotels to become one of the top hospitality employers around – so providing a friendly and supportive environment is our main priority.
You will develop personally and professionally through meeting, and working with, people from all over the world as we create memorable guest experiences together. For those keen to further their experience, you will have the opportunity to explore the business with various career options.
In addition, we can offer you:
- A fantastic place to work!
- Strong emphasis on health and wellbeing with our fabulous Employee Assistance Programme
- Market-leading rates of pay
- Open and clear communication with regular staff updates
- Your birthday off – paid!
- 28 days holiday for full time colleagues each year as standard (pro-rata for part time/hourly colleagues) plus long service holiday benefits
- Learning and Development opportunities, helping you to become the best you can be
- Automatic enrolment into a workplace pension scheme
- Discounted hotel stays after successful completion of the probation period not only for you, but for friends and family
- Free meals on duty, if you worked full time this would save you over £1000 a year in lunches alone!
- Leisure Club/Gym Membership following successful completion of probationary period
- Long Service benefits
- Trip Advisor recognition and cash reward
- Random Acts of Kindness for our colleagues
- Holiday Hero Scheme – could you be jetting off somewhere courtesy of your colleagues?
- Refer a Friend scheme – recommend your friends to join our Team and receive a cash payment
- Company uniform
- Company achievement awards
- Staff Fun Days
- Employee Engagement Events
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £10.50 per hour
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- Gym membership
- On-site parking
- Wellness programmes
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability