An opportunity has arisen at Cedar Court Hotel, Harrogate for a full time Commis Chef to join and support our Kitchen Brigade.
The ideal candidate will be required to:
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment.
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served.
- Keep a sanitised and orderly environment in the kitchen.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly.
- Check quality of ingredients.
Ideally you will have kitchen experience, with a good sense of humour and a passion for customer service.
We offer a FABULOUS benefits package ….
We want each and every colleague to enjoy coming to work, and for Cedar Court Hotels to become one of the top hospitality employers around – so providing a friendly and supportive environment is our main priority.
You will develop personally and professionally through meeting, and working with, people from all over the world as we create memorable guest experiences together. For those keen to further their experience, you will have the opportunity to explore the business with various career options.
In addition, we can offer you:
- A fantastic place to work!
- Strong emphasis on health and wellbeing with our fabulous Employee Assistance Programme
- Market-leading rates of pay
- Open and clear communication with regular staff updates
- Your birthday off – paid!
- 28 days holiday for full time colleagues each year as standard (pro-rata for part time/hourly colleagues) plus long service holiday benefits
- Learning and Development opportunities, helping you to become the best you can be
- Automatic enrolment into a workplace pension scheme
- Discounted hotel stays after successful completion of the probation period not only for you, but for friends and family
- Free meals on duty, if you worked full time this would save you over £1000 a year in lunches alone!
- Leisure Club/Gym Membership following successful completion of probationary period
- Long Service benefits
- Trip Advisor recognition and cash reward
- Random Acts of Kindness for our colleagues
- Holiday Hero Scheme – could you be jetting off somewhere courtesy of your colleagues?
- Refer a Friend scheme – recommend your friends to join our Team and receive a cash payment
- Company uniform
- Company achievement awards
- Staff Fun Days
- Employee Engagement Events