Assistant Restaurant Manager
We are actively recruiting for an Assistant Restaurant Manager to support the day-to-day running of our newest venture – Ambers.
Set to grace Cedar Court Harrogate in March 2024, Ambers promises a harmonious fusion of timeless elegance and contemporary flair. Immerse yourself in an atmosphere where cherished antique details are thoughtfully refreshed and each element, from the dress curtains to the warm LED lighting, exudes a refined charm. The carefully chosen classy furniture, renewed lighting fixtures, plush new carpets, and exquisite brass finishings further elevate the dining experience. Ambers is poised to be a haven where culinary excellence meets a captivating ambience, inviting you to savour every moment in unparalleled style.
You’ll have at least a year’s experience as a Restaurant Supervisor or Assistant Restaurant Manager in a similar background, either in a high-end standalone restaurant or in-house hotel food and beverage provision. You’ll be dynamic and personable, with a flair for exceptional customer service and a great eye for detail. Your main role will be to run service within the restaurant from breakfast, lunch and dinner, with a hands-on approach to service and hosting, driving and leading levels of service.
You’ll know your Bordeaux from your Beaujolais, your lemongrass from your leeks and be an all-round food and beverage superstar!
Get ready to be part of an exciting new dining experience that transcends expectations and defines a new era of gastronomic delight.
What we can offer you:
We want each and every colleague to enjoy coming to work, and for Cedar Court Hotels to become one of the top hospitality employers around – so providing a friendly and supportive environment is our main priority.
You will develop personally and professionally through meeting, and working with, people from all over the world as we create memorable guest experiences together. For those keen to further their experience, you will have the opportunity to explore the business with various career options.
In addition, we can offer you:
- A fantastic place to work!
- Strong emphasis on health and wellbeing with our fabulous Employee Assistance Programme
- Market-leading rates of pay
- Open and clear communication with regular staff updates
- Your birthday off – paid!
- 28 days holiday for full time colleagues each year as standard (pro-rata for part time/hourly colleagues) plus long service holiday benefits
- Learning and Development opportunities, helping you to become the best you can be
- Automatic enrolment into a workplace pension scheme
- Death in Service Benefit after qualifying period
- Discounted hotel stays after successful completion of the probation period not only for you, but for friends and family
- Free meals on duty, if you worked full time this would save you over £1000 a year in lunches alone!
- Leisure Club/Gym Membership following successful completion of probationary period
- Long Service benefits
- Trip Advisor recognition and cash reward
- Random Acts of Kindness for our colleagues
- Holiday Hero Scheme – could you be jetting off somewhere courtesy of your colleagues?
- Refer a Friend scheme – recommend your friends to join our Team and receive a cash payment
- Company uniform
- Company achievement awards
- Staff Fun Days
- Employee Engagement Events
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £28,500.00 per year
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- Free parking
- Gym membership
- Health & wellbeing programme
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- food and beverage: 1 year (required)
- Restaurant supervisory: 1 year (required)
- United Kingdom (required)
Work Location: In person